Search Community

XML passed number acts different than one created in java. ;(

DeltaFrog test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi Jack and GS peeps,

Help!

I'm successfully using this tween below to animate a number gauge up and down depending on the value I pass into condition1a. The problem is when I pull the number in from XML it adds to the value already in the output field instead of sending the gauge to the proper number. I don't know why it acts differently when I pull in from XML. Do I have to tell java the number from XML is a string or somthing? Any ideas?

TweenMax.to(obj, .5, {value:condition1a, roundProps:["value"], ease:Linear.easeNone, onUpdate:function() {

output.innerHTML = obj.value;

output2.innerHTML = obj.value;

tl.tweenTo(condition1a); // < this timeline tweens to the correct place, only the output number adds incorrectly.

}});

When I set my number gauge value variable like this is works fine:

window.condition1a = 27.28;

When I pull from XML like shown below its act differently.

var scenarioA1=xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName("ThroughputGauge");

window.condition1a = (scenarioA1.getElementsByTagName("scenarioA1")[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue);

When I trace the variable is comes up as 27.28 so I know the XML is getting the correct number into the function.

alert(condition1a);

XML structure sample:

<ThroughputGauge>

<scenarioA1>27.28</scenarioA1>

</ThroughputGauge>

How do I get the XML passed variable to act the same as the one I set in java? Thanks everyone!

Ok I got it.  Thanks for listening! 

var scenarioA2=xmlDoc.getElementsByTagName("ThroughputGauge");

var condition2a = parseFloat((scenarioA2.getElementsByTagName("scenarioA2")[0].childNodes[0].nodeValue));

window.condition2a = condition2a;