Search Community

Plans for com.greensock.easing.CustomEase in JS?

johnfmorton test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Are there plans for the CustomEase functionality in the JS version? Been working on something today that it would have been a 'nice to have' on. In another post, I'd mentioned looking for the 'dynamicProps' functionality as well. I realize this is still in beta (a fantastic beta, BTW, :-P ), so I realize you're still working on it. Consider this a vote of "yes, please" for these features.

Cheers,

John

Yes indeed, we do plan to offer CustomEase in JS but there are a few other more pressing things that we're attacking at the moment like revamping the CSSPlugin to accommodate more complex values like boxShadow, clip, etc. We're also working on ThrowPropsPlugin for JS. Lots of exciting work to do. Stand by and we'll get 'em out to you as soon as possible. Thanks for chiming in with your vote for the features that you want. It helps us gauge which features are important to our audience.

• 4 months later...

Is there any update on this?  I was looking for a way to fine tune the Bounce.easeOut easing equation and couldn't find a way to do it.  When I was using TweenMax in Flex, I had the CustomEase option, but I'm not sure how to fine tune an easing equation in the Javascript version.

CustomEase isn't available yet - we're working on completely revamping some of the Bezier-related stuff in the engine rather than just copying over what was used in the original CustomEase. Sorry about the wait, but there's a ton of work that goes into GSAP and there are a few other things that are a higher priority than CustomEase at the moment. Thanks for your patience.