Search Community

Importing TransformManager in Flex Project

FlexStudent test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I am a student and doing flex development for my research project. I have been using free version of greensock library without TransformManager till date. However, recently when I downloaded free (AS2) version of Transform manager library and tried to import it in my greensock folder, my project does not recognize it.TransformManager.zip

My greensock library is under Project->lib->com->greensock folder. In order to import TransformManager, I created transform folder under greensock, and imported TransformManager.as, TransformItem.as and also I have created utils folder for EventDispatcherAS2.as. However, when I try to import this path in my code as:

import com.greensock.transform.*;

it does not show up in auto drop drown and gives me error upon manual inclusion . I tried refreshing my code base but it does not help :(

I would highly appreciate any suggestion on what am I doing wrong.

• Like 1

It sounds like you're trying to use an AS2 class in an AS3 environment which doesn't work. Sorry, I wish I had better news for you. If you want to use TransformManager in your Flex project, you should purchase the AS3 version which was completely rewritten and is far superior to the original free AS2 flavor. http://www.greensock.com/transformmanageras3/

Good luck on your project.