Search Community

Nested Tweens & Licensed SWC error?

Eris419 test
Moderator Tag

It's been a long time since I've used Greensock and I love all the new features it has.

However, I vaguely remember being able to nest tweens inside objects. For example:

Create object1.as class and put two tweens in their to make the object pulse in size and rotate. There are two tween functions with each onComplete calling the other so that the animation cycles.

Then, declare and add myObject:Object1 to your project and tween it again, maybe along a path.

The end effect is supposed to be Object1, rotating and pulsing in size as it moves along a path.

But, I noticed that adding multiple Tween statements targeting the same object seems to kill all previous tweens, is this so?

Also, my company just purchased the Club Greensock licensed version and I've been trying to get this to work w/o any success?

import com.greensock.plugins.TransformAroundPointPlugin;
import com.greensock.plugins.TweenPlugin;

FB4.5 gives me these error messages:

1172: Definition com.greensock.plugins:TransformAroundCenterPlugin could not be found. WindEffect.as /Wind line 7 Flex Problem

1172: Definition com.greensock.plugins:TransformAroundPointPlugin could not be found. WindEffect.as /Wind line 8 Flex Problem

However, it is able to find this just fine:

import com.greensock.plugins.ShortRotationPlugin;

When I manually type out the import, FB4.5 is also able to code hint the entire class location of all 3 just fine! Crazy huh? However, it still throws those 2 error messages. Any ideas why?

I'm importing Greensock as a SWC in the project properties panel.

the first issue could just be an overwrite issue. http://www.greensock.com/overwritemanager/

use

OverwriteManager.init(2)

let that run as soon as your class is instantiated.

as for the TransformAroundPointPlugin issue, I really don't know why the plugins are not being found. Do you have an old greensock swc or class files that could be causing a conflict when the app compiles?

If the problem persists please post back here. Its important that you get this resolved. '

Thanks for the quick reply Carl.

Yes, the developer who worked on this before me put the free TweenMax lib in another FB project, but it's in another project. However, it is still a part of the entire game.

I'll explore that recommendation and let you know if it works.

BTW, do I want to put that code in the nested object or the parent or both?

Thanks again!

I'm quite sure that putting the OverwriteManager code in the parent will suffice and you only need it once.

I would recommend that you create a totally separate project somewhere and try to get the TransformAroundPointPlugin to work in a very simple example. At least then you will have confirmation that there is nothing wrong with the files that you purchased.