Search Community

Loaded video always flashes when added to the display li

fjckls test
Moderator Tag

I load several videos and play them - all is fine except that the next video is always flashing approx 0.1sec at the beginning ( when the next video is added to the display list - for a very short moment the background is visible and only then the video starts playing) It only happens the first time when videoloader.content is added to the display list - after that if video runs in the loop all is fine no more flashing at the beginning.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

I'm looking into this - do you have a bgColor applied? I recently discovered yet another bug in Adobe's NetStream behavior and this sounds like it's related to that. Stand by...

(feel free to post a super simple FLA that demonstrates the problem if you can)

VideoLoader helps minimize memory usage by only attaching the NetStream to the Video DisplayObject when it is actually in the display list (on the stage). One side effect of doing so, however, is that when you do add it to the display list and VideoLoader attaches the NetStream, Flash takes a brief moment to render the NetStream to the Video object (hence the "flash" you saw).

I just uploaded a new version of VideoLoader that has an "autoDetachNetStream" property which you can set to false if you don't want that default memory-saving behavior. Setting it to false means it'll just keep the NetStream attached to the Video DisplayObject. Then you shouldn't ever get that "flash". Typically folks prefer the memory conservation especially when it comes to videos - that's why the default behavior is what it is. But again, feel free to override it if you want by setting autoDetachNetStream to false.

Get the latest version at the web site or in your GreenSock account (for Club GreenSock members). http://www.greensock.com