Search Community

Problems with images loading rotated

Gramma2005 test
Moderator Tag

On my local machine I have setup a test website with a virtual directory to C:\images\ called photos. I have a number of images which I have rotated via the Windows Rotate CW right click menu item. In AS, I have tried the following:

var loader:ImageLoader = new ImageLoader("../../../images/8255/8255692_Desert.jpg", {name:"test", container:this, width:150, height:100, scaleMode:"proportionalInside", bgColor:0xFFFFFF});
loader.load();

This loads the image with the correct rotation (the path is pointing to the same folder as the virtual directory, just relative). When I use the URL for the local website, the image shows in the original direction (not rotated). Below is the code:

var loader:ImageLoader = new ImageLoader("http://localhost/ImageService/photos/8255/8255692_Desert.jpg", {name:"test", container:this, width:150, height:100, scaleMode:"proportionalInside", bgColor:0xFFFFFF});
loader.load();

Also if I use the URL: http://localhost/ImageService/photos/82 ... Desert.jpg in my browser the image is rotated as expected. I have tried refreshing the app pool in IIS and restarting the website, but cannot get the image to load rotated (how it is saved). Any ideas?

I am fairly certain that the correct file is being pointed at, so I am guessing it is something to do with the cache.

The issue is resolved when I run the swf in the browser. I also changed it from using the URL for the image to a aspx page that sends back the image as a file stream. I will need to test in a few browsers to make sure that it works for all of them (only worked in Chrome so far).

Thanks for your input.