Search Community

Error when loading

monty test
Moderator Tag

I setup my new LoaderMax in a custom display class that gets added to the stage. When I remove that class and then try to create it again and add it to the stage I get an error when _queue is created again.

So the second time around that queue gets created it throws an error.

Error:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at com.greensock.loading.core::LoaderCore()[/users/name/Flash/source/com/greensock/loading/core/LoaderCore.as]

_queue = new LoaderMax({name:"videoQueue", requireWithRoot:this, maxConnections:1, onProgress:videoProgress, onChildComplete:completeHandler});

Anyone know why this is happening second time around.

Yep, that's caused by the fact that you're not setting the requireWithRoot to an actual root (you should use this.root, not this). LoaderCore uses the object's loaderInfo.url in its name to make it easier to identify, but since your object wasn't a root and it wasn't in the display list, its loaderInfo property was null. However, I just updated LoaderCore to work around that issue and avoid the error in this case. I'd still recommend using the actual root, but if you update to the latest version it should work either way.