Search Community

How to do some animation with external .SWF files?

learner_7n test
Moderator Tag

Are you kidding?

I couldn't quite tell if this was a joke. Are you really using Adobe's Tween class and posting questions about how to use it in the GreenSock forums?

For the record, you'd need to load your external swf first using something like LoaderMax's SWFLoader or Adobe's Loader class, wait for it to load (listen for its COMPLETE event), add it to the stage with addChild() and then tween it.

Report this postReply with quote Re: How to the backgrounds automatically with some delay?

by greensock » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:52 am

learner_7n, for very general questions like that, I'd recommend a different forum, like the ones at kirupa.com or actionscript.org. This forum is specifically for questions related to GreenSock tools.

greensock

Site Admin

Private messageWebsite Top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit postDelete postReport this postReply with quote Re: How to the backgrounds automatically with some delay?

by learner_7n » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:10 am

Hi,

Noted with thanks. I will take care next time asking such questions.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by learner_7n » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:33 am

Hi,

I am looking for the alternate code to the following one:

var K:Loader=new Loader();

addChild(K);

K.load(new URLRequest("clock.swf"));

K.x = 160;

K.y = 200;

K.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.INIT, growLoader);

function growLoader(evt:Event):void {

K.width = 130;

K.height = 130;

}

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards.learner_7n

Private message Top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report this postReply with quote Re: What is the alternate code, please?

by greensock » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:50 am

"alternate code"? Why? What problem are you running into? (and incidentally, why are you posting questions about Adobe's Loader in the GreenSock forums, especially in the tweening category?)

I've given you a few polite warnings already, but if you continue to post vague, generic things like this in the GreenSock forums (especially things that aren't related to any GreenSock tools) I'll have to suspend your account. I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we're happy to answer questions and help fellow GreenSock users out, but most of your 58 posts have either been incredibly generic or unrelated to GreenSock tools or it seemed like you were just wanting us to write your code for you without you putting any effort into attempting solutions yourself. We take every post seriously here and it takes time to read through them and put together a relevant, succinct response to each one. Please have the courtesy to make your posts clear, detailed, and relevant to this particular forum. Show us what you've tried and explain exactly what problem you're running into so that we can give you pertinent answers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by learner_7n » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:07 am

Hi,

The following code is nice but with only movie clips. How can I do the same trick with external .SWF files?

http://var MyLogoTween:Tween=new Tween(MyLogo_mc, "y", Strong.easeOut, -200 , 260, 3, true);

Thanks.learner_7n

Private message Top

Report this postReply with quote Re: How to do some animation with external .SWF files?

by greensock » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:35 am

Are you kidding?

I couldn't quite tell if this was a joke. Are you really using Adobe's Tween class and posting questions about how to use it in the GreenSock forums?

For the record, you'd need to load your external swf first using something like LoaderMax's SWFLoader or Adobe's Loader class, wait for it to load (listen for its COMPLETE event), add it to the stage with addChild() and then tween it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am extremely sorry for sending the questions not related to tweening. I have replied in my post at 8:10am that I will not post the un-related questions. But I have been warned for earlier questions ...post at 7:00am & 8:07 am. I have not repeated any mistake after my promise. Anyway, thanks for all the answers which made my work moving. Being a learner I was asking for some instant help with code to use in other example projects changing/modifying some effects. Anyway you are great, you are my teacher.

Once again, I am very sorry as I hurt your feelings.

Thanks and best regards.

Once again, I am very sorry as I hurt your feelings.

No no, not at all. I didn't intend to come across that way. My feelings aren't hurt :) I was just trying to explain the ground rules and make sure you understood what's expected in these forums. My apologies if that came across as overly harsh.

Anyway, I see the time stamps you highlighted and it sounds like everything is settled now. No worries. Enjoy the tools, and please feel free to come back and ask specific questions anytime. We are here to help.