Search Community

tweening problem - timelines conflicting

mustaffa test
Moderator Tag

Hello,

I have several timelines. Each one displays some content on the web page. To switch one content to another (depending on selection from menu) I reverse the currect content timeline and play the selected one. The important point is tweening of some mc's exist in every timeline. I think because of this tweenings of such mc's are not always done properly. For example while reversing timeline 1 alpha of a_mc is tweened to zero and at the same time playing timeline 2 is trying to tween same object alpha to 1. As a result sometimes the mc fades away and never come back.

I tried to use overwrite manager but did not help. I also do not prefer putting delay to timeline 2. Any ideas?

thanks

mustafa.

This sounds more like a weakness in the way the app is engineered - you should not be creating/running competing tweens like that. Either an object's alpha should be going to 0 or 1, not both. One solution could be to simply create your tweens each time you need them instead of reusing the same instance over and over - that way, you can control which order things get created in and make sure that you aren't creating competing tweens. Don't worry - the tweening platform was built to handle garbage collection very well, so instances won't just keep building up over time.