Search Community

.seek() in Reverse

hunterruth test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Hi there, 

Quick question - I am hoping I do not need to create a simplified demo for, but will if necessary. 

Is there a way to use Timeline Seek in reverse? I know there is the suppress events parameter, but it doesn't actually change the direction of the animation. This would be a great feature, if it's not already possible. 

Essentially, I am trying to animate backwards from Label 2 to Label 1. Right now, .seek() to label 1 jumps you back there and plays until the pause point I have before label 2. I would rather it play in Reverse to Label 1. I am sure the alternative is using .reverse() and .play(), but I'm really enjoying using labels and could see this being beneficial on more complicated animations. 

It might also make more sense to think about it as using .reverse() to a specific label that is defined. 

• Solution
19 minutes ago, hunterruth said:

Is there a way to use Timeline Seek in reverse?

seek() doesn't have any directionality at all - it doesn't care if it's behind or ahead of the current playhead position. It simply jumps there. So I guess I'm a bit confused about what you meant by "seek in reverse".

If you're trying to animate the playhead to various labels, that sounds like the perfect case for timeline.tweenTo(). Have you seen that? 

Thanks for being a Club GreenSock member! 💚

• Like 1