Search Community

prioritizing headaches

smurfarita test
Moderator Tag

I'm having some odd behavior when using the prioritize() function in LoaderMax. I'm getting an error String used where a Boolean value was expected. The expression will be type coerced to Boolean.

Now I took a look at the code and documentation and it clearly states that the function accepts a String. So I looked through the code and also saw TweenLite has a prioritize value that is a Boolean. Is it possible that these two could be conflicting? I'm utilizing both within my application and was wondering if this may be the root of my issue.

When I place the LoaderMax code in it's own empty SWF all runs fine, but as soon as I put it back within my application I get the error. The application is made up of many class files and SWFs that all pull in either TweenMax/TweenLite or LoaderMax depending on the needs of the class.

Any suggestions? I tried to cast the loader as in... LoaderMax(loadQueue).prioritize("myLoader) with no luck.

I bet you're just using the wrong syntax. There are two prioritize() methods - one is static:

LoaderMax.prioritize("myLoaderNameOrURL", true);

And one is an instance-level method, like:

var loader:ImageLoader = new ImageLoader("1.jpg");
...do other stuff, like dumping it in a LoaderMax...
loader.prioritize(true);

Notice the static method's first parameter is a String that indicates the name or URL of the loader to prioritize. This makes it simple to accomplish from anywhere in your app, even if you don't have a reference to the specific loader - you just use the name or URL. If, however, you have the instance, you can call prioritize() directly on that instance. See the difference?