Search Community

Increase speed of Marquee when user scroll

haotv test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

• Solution

You can just animate the timeScale() of the timeline. Here's a quick mockup: 

See the Pen QWQYmaN?editors=0010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

By the way, I would strongly recommend not animating the marginTop property like that. It's much more performant to animate the "y" or "yPercent" property (transforms). You might want to look at the helper function in the docs for seamlessly looping on the x-axis for inspiration. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

ScrollSmoother is great if you want to smooth the entire page scrolling, yes. Not if you just want that one part to change velocity to be faster while scrolling. 

These forums aren't really for "I found a cool effect on another site - please build it for me" requests (please see the forum guidelines) but we're happy to answer any GSAP-specific questions you may have. 

My goal with that demo was not to match perfectly what that other site did - I was trying to illustrate the concept of linking a ScrollTrigger's velocity to the timeScale of another animation. You can tweak it however you want. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GreenSock said:

ScrollSmoother is great if you want to smooth the entire page scrolling, yes. Not if you just want that one part to change velocity to be faster while scrolling. 

These forums aren't really for "I found a cool effect on another site - please build it for me" requests (please see the forum guidelines) but we're happy to answer any GSAP-specific questions you may have. 

My goal with that demo was not to match perfectly what that other site did - I was trying to illustrate the concept of linking a ScrollTrigger's velocity to the timeScale of another animation. You can tweak it however you want. 

Hi GreenSock

I'm so sorry for this => "I found a cool effect on another site - please build it for me"  

My problem is fixed on localhost by change velocity, thank you so much for your help, I'm really like GSAP. Thank you!!! :):):)