Search Community

Gsap shockingly green installation don't work

Adeliosparis test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by GreenSock,

Hi Adeliosparis,

Welcome to the forums. Are you able to give more context? It will be very hard to assist you without any context.

What is your setup? How are you importing the bonus plugins? How are you referring to them? Can we see an example or the code you are using? Have you checked the docs page with the information about the bonus plugin and installation?

https://greensock.com/docs/v3/Installation

• Like 1

Erm... This is looking quite a soup...

It is still quite hard to conceptualise what is going on, from what I can see on these screenshots, you're inside a Wordpress installation, running a Gulp task, processing TypeScript.

What is your Gulp task trying to do? I have very little experience with Wordpress, it's been a while since I used Gulp and Typescript is notorious for being pedantic.

Do you think you can setup a smaller project where you mimic what you are trying to achieve without it being dozens of packages and a full wordpress installation? A tiny, simplified version of your Gulp task? Because I have a feeling your issue is not with GSAP, it's more like how all of those tools are working together.

• Like 1

• Solution

A few thoughts...

1. It sounds like you mixed two different install types. You're using the gsap-bonus.tgz AND you're setting up your build environment to pull GSAP from the private NPM repository. You should choose ONE of those options, not both. 
  2. Yarn is known issues and hasn't been supported very well, so I'd recommend NPM (just a suggestion)
  3. The error message you originally posted sounds like you haven't set up your environment to handle modules properly. I'm not an expert at that, but if you need non-modules, you can just import GSAP stuff from the /dist/ directory which has UMD files, like:
    // modules
    import gsap from "gsap";
    import { ScrollTrigger } from "gsap/ScrollTrigger";

// non-modules (UMD)
    import gsap from "gsap/dist/gsap";
    import { ScrollTrigger } from "gsap/dist/ScrollTrigger";

@Dipscom is correct about providing a smaller project that mimics your setup - if you can share that with us, it'd certainly help. Though we're not really experts at things like Gulp, TypeScript, WordPress, etc.