Search Community

Please help toggle Keyframe animation by clicking button!

crbopp99 test
Moderator Tag

Go to solution Solved by PointC,

Welcome to the forums, @crbopp99

That seems super weird to use GSAP to toggle the play state of a CSS animation. Ha. :) I'd just animate with GSAP and skip the CSS stuff. 

I wonder if this is what you were trying to do?: 

See the Pen 50c72fcec6b4448e01bed07b27ccbd16?editors=0010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

I'd personally recommend animating an actual image (x and y properties - transforms) instead of backgroundImage because you'll usually get better rendering performance and browsers typically force background-position to snap to whole pixels which can make it look a bit jerky at slow speeds and small distances (totally unrelated to GSAP). It's up to you, of course. 

Happy tweening!

• Like 3

On 3/3/2021 at 10:29 PM, GreenSock said:

Welcome to the forums, @crbopp99

That seems super weird to use GSAP to toggle the play state of a CSS animation. Ha. :) I'd just animate with GSAP and skip the CSS stuff. 

I wonder if this is what you were trying to do?: 

I'd personally recommend animating an actual image (x and y properties - transforms) instead of backgroundImage because you'll usually get better rendering performance and browsers typically force background-position to snap to whole pixels which can make it look a bit jerky at slow speeds and small distances (totally unrelated to GSAP). It's up to you, of course. 

Happy tweening!

Thank you! That's exactly what I was trying to do! Now how do I make all the buttons do that animation but have it reset and then refill when I click another button?