Jump to content
GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danishbwtech7

I want to purchase the club greensocks

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

I want to purchase the club greensocks but is there any package for one time payment for lifetime??

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolutely! "Business Green" memberships have a permanent option - that means the commercial license never expires. Here's what it looks like on the club page

 

permanent.png

 

Is that what you're looking for? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it life time license?

also, on how many website I can use the premium plugins with this license!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you click the "Permanent license" checkbox, yes it is :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

also, on how many website I can use the premium plugins with this license!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A commercial license covers an unlimited number of products. I highly recommend that you look at the licensing :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
On 1/15/2021 at 9:51 AM, ZachSaucier said:

A commercial license covers an unlimited number of products. I highly recommend that you look at the licensing :) 

Hi @ZachSaucier,

I am looking to get my office to purchase the BusinessGreen lifetime version. It states 'Permanent license
3 years of updates'.... would you happen to offer a license the lifetime with lifetime updates (vs only 3 years)? Thanks for your help!

 

Additionally, if you'd prefer an inquiry regarding licensing over a more official channel, please PM me that, and I will move this conversation over to there. Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey @vsiege. Please send member inquiries to info@greensock.com or reach out via our contact page :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, vsiege said:

It states 'Permanent license
3 years of updates'.... would you happen to offer a license the lifetime with lifetime updates (vs only 3 years)?

@vsiege just to be clear, the permanent license NEVER expires. It's merely the access to ongoing updates that ends after 3 years but you can optionally extend those for 10% of the initial purchase price per year. Why not just include updates forever? This is a common practice in the software industry and it makes a lot of sense because it ensures that there's a funding mechanism in place to make the project viable long-term. At GreenSock, we have a VERY long track record of innovating and supporting our tools. We want to be there for our customers not just today, but for many years to come. Trust is extremely important to us. If we included updates forever, most of our customers may opt for that package and then over time, funding would dry up. Support load would keep increasing, but funding would decrease and at some point it would no longer be viable. That model doesn't fit with our long-term commitment to our customers. 

 

So ultimately as a customer you should see the limit on updates as a GOOD thing - it demonstrates our forward-thinking commitment to our users and the project overall.

 

I think you'll find that after 3 years, you'll see that small fee for access to updates as a no-brainer since the tools deliver so much value and save you thousands of dollars per year in productivity. If not, you can let the updates access expire but continue to use the tools as long as you want since that license is permanent. 

 

Does that answer your question? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/17/2021 at 11:20 PM, GreenSock said:

@vsiege just to be clear, the permanent license NEVER expires. It's merely the access to ongoing updates that ends after 3 years but you can optionally extend those for 10% of the initial purchase price per year. Why not just include updates forever? This is a common practice in the software industry and it makes a lot of sense because it ensures that there's a funding mechanism in place to make the project viable long-term. At GreenSock, we have a VERY long track record of innovating and supporting our tools. We want to be there for our customers not just today, but for many years to come. Trust is extremely important to us. If we included updates forever, most of our customers may opt for that package and then over time, funding would dry up. Support load would keep increasing, but funding would decrease and at some point it would no longer be viable. That model doesn't fit with our long-term commitment to our customers. 

 

So ultimately as a customer you should see the limit on updates as a GOOD thing - it demonstrates our forward-thinking commitment to our users and the project overall.

 

I think you'll find that after 3 years, you'll see that small fee for access to updates as a no-brainer since the tools deliver so much value and save you thousands of dollars per year in productivity. If not, you can let the updates access expire but continue to use the tools as long as you want since that license is permanent. 

 

Does that answer your question? 

Thank you @GreenSock it certainly answers my question. Additionally, I have forwarded the information to the folks in my office. I've been incorporating your platform since the flash days and value the effort your team has put in to evolve it's capabilities. Cheers to you and your team!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×