Search Community

ProgressDisplay considerations...

rizal72 test
Moderator Tag

I'm testing (and loving!) your ProgressDisplay classes (very similar to my LoadingCircle class but much more complete!) and perhaps i found a little bug: if you set the autoTransition to true (i like this property..) you loose the percenteage text even if you set the hideText to false. To tell the truth i prefer the circle without percenteage anyway, but you should take a look at it.

You sure? I can't reproduce that problem on my end. Seems to work fine for me. Can you send me a sample FLA?

By the way, the ProgressDisplay classes aren't really intended for widespread release or testing yet. I'm still thinking them through, so they may change a fair amount. Glad to hear you're liking 'em though!

Hi and thanks so much for the great job!

I was just wondering if there's a little bug in ur "progress handlers", cuz when I'm using my own preloader ( with a percentage text ), it always "flashes" a full (completed) percent before the progress event even gets started.

Is this a bug, or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Could you post an example? I wonder if you're using an XMLLoader or something that loads very quickly but then discovers more loaders when it parses the XML and starts loading those which add up to MUCH more than just the original XML file. This can be worked around by defining an estimatedBytes for the XMLLoader that is high enough to roughly be as much as the XML and the sub-loading stuff combined.