Search Community

Scrolling LARGE text horizontally across a div

ares1010 test
Moderator Tag

Hello everyone! This is my first topic here on the forums! I'm eager to learn how to tween. Thank you for your help ahead of time!

I'm looking to execute this Codepen example that @pkid shared on a similar post but I'm running into a problem with increasing the text size (48pt in this case) and the length of the text. The white space between the list repeating grows far too large and when changing some of the variables the list sometimes completely disappears sans one item. It's important to note that I'm just looking to repeat this one line only so I technically don't need the list.

After trying different "listWidth" and "var time" values related to variety of possible elements and messing with the CSS, I can't seem to get it to work and I would love your help in a) a solution and b) an explanation on how this is functioning. What am I missing here?

I appreciate your help! Please let me know if something is not clear or if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Matthew

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 9.56.24 PM.png

See the Pen BazLBge by ares1010 (@ares1010) on CodePen

Hey Ares and welcome to the GreenSock forums. 

A few things:

• There are several threads about marquee effects more recent than the one you link to. They are probably better to start from. Like this one: 
  • We highly recommend that you upgrade to GSAP 3. It has a smaller file size, a sleeker API, and a bunch of new features! Upgrading is easy:
  • The issue with your pen is that your calculations are off. I recommend that you start from a demo in the thread I linked to above and try to understand exactly what's going on. If you run into an issue you can't figure out post back here and we'll do our best to help :)