Search Community

Unable to load ScrollToPlugin with npm

romain.gr test
Moderator Tag

Hi, I've been trying to use ScrollToPlugin but I'm unable to install it via npm. I was on the page https://greensock.com/docs/v2/NPMUsage, but it's confusing, is the ScrollToPlugin installed when you do npm install gsap?

That's how looks my import but it seems that the ScrollToPlugin is missing, and I can't figure out how to install it :

import { gsap, Expo } from 'gsap/all';
import ScrollToPlugin from 'gsap/all';
gsap.registerPlugin(ScrollToPlugin);

When I do 

gsap.to(window, { duration: 2, scrollTo: centerVidPos });

I have a console log error saying

gsap-core.js:3323 Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'scrollTo' on 'Window': parameter 1 ('options') is not an object.

Do I even need to register the plugin after importing it? Is there some complete documentation on the gsap website? How can I install the ScrollToPlugin via npm and how to use import/register it?

Completly confused.

6 minutes ago, romain.gr said:

I was on the page https://greensock.com/docs/v2/NPMUsage, but it's confusing, is the ScrollToPlugin installed when you do npm install gsap?

That's the v2 installation docs. Use the v3 installation docs as that's the version you are actually importing from npm.

7 minutes ago, romain.gr said:

Do I even need to register the plugin after importing it? Is there some complete documentation on the gsap website? How can I install the ScrollToPlugin via npm and how to use import/register it?

Yep, it's covered in the GSAP 3 docs linked to above.

If you need additional help, please make a minimal demo of the issue!