Search Community

Problem with a sequence

maximaexchen test
Moderator Tag

Hey there,

I am trying to do a logo intro animation.

So I wanted to set up a sequence.

var stageCenterX:Number = global.stage.x + global.stage.width/2 - container.width;
var stageCenterY:Number = global.stage.y + global.stage.height/2 - container.height/2;

TweenMax.from(container,3, {blurFilter:{blurX:20, blurY:20}});
TweenMax.to(container,2, {alpha:1, scaleX:1.5, scaleY:1.5});
TweenMax.to(container,1, 	{delay:2.8,x:container.x-100, y:container.y-60, ease:RoughEase.create(7, 150, false, Bounce.easeIn, "out"), motionBlur:{strength:1.5, fastMode:true, padding:15}});
TweenMax.fromTo(container,1, {x:stageCenterX+100, y:stageCenterY+100},{delay:3.9,x:stageCenterX, y:stageCenterY, ease:RoughEase.create(5, 50, false, Bounce.easeOut, "in"), motionBlur:{strength:1.5, fastMode:true, padding:15}});
TweenMax.to(container,2, {delay:5.8,scaleX:20,scaleY:20, blurFilter:{blurX:30, blurY:30}});
TweenMax.to(container,0.5, {delay:7,alpha:0, ease:Cubic.easeOut, onComplete:onFinishTween});

Everything is working fine except the blurFilter at the end.

It seems that it is "killed" by scale or alpha property.

It starts to blur, but suddenly turns back to the unblured state...

Has this something to do with the overwrite thing?

Maybe some one got a little hint for me?

Thanks in advance!

I suspect the problem is in your onFinishTween() method (which you didn't include in the code you posted here). I tested your code locally here and I didn't notice the blur suddenly being removed towards the end. If you're still having trouble, please post and example FLA that demonstrates the issue (it can be super simple, no need to post your production files).

Hi Jack,

thanks for the reply.

So actually there is nothing in the onFinishTween() method. :-)

Ther will be only a dispatchEvent later on...

I attache a dummy file which has the same effect in the end, but a bit shorter than in my produktion AS3 Project.

Thanks in advance

Marcus

When I publish your file, I get this warning in the output window:

Warning: Filter will not render. The DisplayObject's filtered dimensions (3005, 1625) are too large to be drawn.

The problem is that your object is too big to have a filter applied to it :) That's a Flash limitation and has nothing to do with TweenLite/Max.