Search Community

MotionPathPlugin out-of-memory

Blaze test
Moderator Tag

Welcome to the forums, @Blaze. Is there any chance you could share the path data string with me? It sounds like an edge case related to the distance of the anchors from one another. There's a performance optimization that MotionPathPlugin (and CustomEase) uses that pre-cache certain measurements so that it's much faster during the tween (when smoothness is most important) and it looks like maybe your path requires an unusual amount of those measurements, so I'd like to see why. 

• Like 1

Had to run it for a while to see this happening again, I've got basically about 1500 3d points flying around on different motion paths at the same time. All motion paths are very similar. Up to three x/y/z coordinates. Thank you for checking this out!

testPC2_b.jpg

Sorry this wasn't helpful, I've tried to extract the paths I am generating in my project in a codepen, they are all auto generated, that's basically what I am doing, but I can't get it to come up with the same warning in the codepen. I'm not sure what is causing the problem also bear in mind I have to run my set up for days before I see this happening, I'll keep an eye on it 

See the Pen MWYZLLb by blaze747 (@blaze747) on CodePen