Search Community

Unable to set starting properties on an HTML form

garyw test
Moderator Tag

I have an form that is animating onto the screen using visibility and y properties. It works correctly in GSAP v2. After implementing GSAP v3, the animation no longer works. The starting properties are not getting set. Is there something special about the <form> tag?

It is a complex app, so I have not yet created a codepen... it will take some time.

1 hour ago, garyw said:

I want it to appear and then animate.

So you want it to not be there on page load (because it's hidden by CSS), appear immediately when JS is enabled, then fade out? What's the end goal?

I do think there is a minor bug related to this though @GreenSock. Check out this demo:

See the Pen BaaeXmO?editors=0010 by GreenSock (@GreenSock) on CodePen

It fades in whereas I would expect it to just be equivalent to a .set() in terms of the opacity. The y animation also doesn't seem to be applying.

The user triggers the panel with a button. The panel should slide up from the bottom. It is normally hidden and in its proper place. When triggered, it needs to move down below the viewport, turn visible, then slide up. I have the starting Y value set to 100 here just for sake of demonstration.  

Please ignore the minor CC border glitches. They are left over from the production code.

Again, this worked perfectly with GSAP v2.

I found the issue! Very interesting - the <form> element is array-like (it has indexed values, a length property, etc.) so GSAP's toArray() method was attempting to de-nest the target(s) passed in. Sorry about the hassle there - it should be resolved in the upcoming release which you can preview at https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/s.cdpn.io/16327/gsap-latest-beta.min.js (you may need to clear your cache). 

• Like 3