Search Community

Second scrollbar appearing and disappearing when animation ends

vitaminik test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi, 

I started to use gsap, I'm a web designer, not a developer. Gsap is an awesome framework and I'd like to use it in my projects. 

I'm trying to apply various animations on a Wordpress template, but as you can see, a strange second scrollbar appearing on the inner div of the template and disappearing after the animation ends. I tried to force overflow-y: hidden but it doesn't work at all. 

Is there a way to hide it? 

You can view it here:

http://newsite.cortedeimori.it/

Thanks in advance

Something must be overflowing, you can fix that by setting overflow: hidden to whatever element is getting this scroll bar.

You have set overflow to 'visible !important' to element with id 'place' which is causing this.

It is happening because you have html and body height set to 100% so it adds scrollbar to both html and body. What you can do is, wrap the image that fades in inside another div, with overflow hidden. Also, instead of animating top/left you should animate x and y whenever possible, it will give you far better performance.

• Like 3