Search Community
Robert Wildling test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi there,

(I open a new ticket. The original question was here:

http://greensock.com/forums/topic/15056-help-getting-started-creating-a-jalousie-effect/

but that topic is already answered and my question probably won't be seen anymore.)

The CodePen shows some variation of a jalousie effect, that Shaun posted as an example in the forum post mentioned above. Playing around with  that (mostly adapting it to vw and vh), it happened at one point that there was a "running shadow" introduced. It happens very subtle after the second animation is coming to its end: the slices are fading out, and just a tiny little bit later the slice flashes up for a moment again in a very, very bight grey. Hope you can see that.

I was wondering, why this "running shadow" effect is happening?

Thanks for any hints!

See the Pen eBQLVR by rowild (@rowild) on CodePen

Hey Robert Wildling,

I'm not stalking you... Its just that I tend to do a round of posts every so often and respond to the ones I can all one after the other. :)

I'm a bit tight in time these days so, in the absence of someone else saying something, I was wondering: is this the simplest code for this effect? With all these settings and variables, makes it for a long complicated read. If you could reduce this to the simplest animation loop, I would be very grateful.

If not, there are others around who I am sure will be more than happy and might have the time, to go over all your code.

Sometimes the answer is so simple and obvious it escapes our notice...

Your "running shadow" happens because you have the following in your moveBack call.

ease: Elastic.easeInOut

Can you see why you have the "running shadow"? Don't worry if it doesn't hit home straight away, it took me a rather long while wading through the code before it clicked. ;)

That just reinforces my previous comment on having a super simple test case when trying to troubleshoot. All those settings, objects and variables made reading the code a slow process and quite noisy when trying to isolate what did what.

But in the end, we got it. Mystery solved.

:)

• Like 1