Search Community

Particles connected

HectorJearim test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi, i need your help i am new on this and i need do a animation something like this:

https://predictiveworld.watchdogs.com/es/hello/

Specially with the connected dots animation, so i was looking to do something like this to start:

See the Pen jEWGQM by creotip (@creotip) on CodePen

But i dont get it. Do you know how can i do someting similar with GASP about connected particles?

Hi HectorJearim,

Welcome to the forums!

When you say you're "new on this". On what are you new on? Particle animation? Canvas? GSAP? Development in general?

I ask because what those links show are rather complex setups, not really for the beginner developer, there is going to be a lot of basics you need to cover to achieve something like that.

Did you check the GitHub repo of that Particles.js? Is there a particular reason why you would want to recreate that using GSAP? Would that Particles.js not work in your project? It seems to do what you are asking for.

• Like 1

That first demo you linked to would most likely require WebGL, but the second one could be done with a 2d canvas. Just draw a bunch of dots moving around the screen, and then on every animation frame you would have to manually draw the lines. Most of that could be done with GSAP, but I don't have any good examples making use of it. However, here's a good tutorial using no library. You could convert the particle animations to GSAP, and draw the lines on every animation frame using GSAP's ticker.

http://thenewcode.com/1159/Create-a-Dynamic-Point-Mesh-Animation-with-HTML5-Canvas

• Like 1