GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tcarpenter9

Reinitialize trigger for draggable element

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I have multiple elements that are being used as the trigger under one class. For example, the "dragHandle" class is my trigger:

<div class="dragHandle"></div>

<div id="draggableLayer"></div>

This is fine when it is first initialized. All three will drag the "draggableLayer." The problem is, I am dynamically adding more "dragHandle" elements, and they are not seen as triggers after Draggable has initialized on page load. I.e:

<!--  these 2 were added after page load, but don't work like the others do as a trigger -->

<div id="draggableLayer"></div>

I have tried disabling (and killing) and then enabling the Draggable after adding the the additional trigger elements, but that hasn't worked. Is there a way to destroy and reinitialize the Draggable? Or maybe another way to make it see the additional trigger elements I am dynamically adding?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums,

Draggable only finds the trigger elements upon creation. It doesn't ever re-search the DOM for items with matching selectors.

I'm pretty sure the only way to achieve what you want is to kill() the Draggable and create a new one.

If you need more help in doing that, please provide a simple CodePen demo that makes it easy to add new trigger elements to the DOM. 

http://greensock.com/forums/topic/9002-read-this-first-how-to-create-a-codepen-demo/

• Like 1