Search Community

Splittextfield Tweens not resetting(?)

Jonny test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Good morning,

I am working on an animation where i have text animating on by character using splittext field. All i am doing with them is changing opacity from 0 to 1 using the TweenLite.staggerTo method, in a timeline.

Everything works fine, in my init funciton i have to set the tweens to have properties in the slightly odd following way: (header1Chars is a variable of header1.chars) but everything works correctly.

TweenLite.to(header1Chars, 0, {alpha:0});
TweenLite.to(header1, 0, {alpha:1});

I loop my animation three times, and on the third time (first two are ok), when the animation is restarting, the text is half visible, it's as if the tweens have not completed/reset themselves even though the previous run went fine.

Is there a way to ensure that tweens will reset ready for the next animation run?

Please note that there is a series of text being animated in this way in the timeline.

thank you,

please let me know if i can elaborate: ps i tried a codepen and it didn't seem to work for some reason, but i didn't have the time to spend too long on that so i hope everything here makes sense,

Thanks once again,

J:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carl, i'm very sorry i haven't replied to you.
I resolved the issue, and haven't checked my Greensock account since - is there a way to be emailed when i get a reply?

Anyway, for some reason the splitfield animations weren't resetting themselves, so i ended up using tl.clear(); just to ensure the timeline was empty for the next loop. Is there a better way to do this, or is this method for any reason an inefficient way of resetting things?

thank you,

J.

Yes, in you account settings you can configure your notifications to automatically notify you of responses 

fTF15Zn.png

Sorry, but I don't understand your question about the animations resetting properly. 

Please provide a simplified demo so that we can assess the issue.