Jump to content
GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'gsui'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • GreenSock Forums
    • GSAP
    • Banner Animation
    • Jobs & Freelance
  • Flash / ActionScript Archive
    • GSAP (Flash)
    • Loading (Flash)
    • TransformManager (Flash)

Product Groups

  • Club GreenSock
  • TransformManager
  • Supercharge

Categories

There are no results to display.


Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Personal Website


Twitter


CodePen


Company Website


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. A warm hello to all of the community! (Apologies if the preamble's a little boring, you can always just skip to the heading below where I'll start cutting the mustard.) I'm Alex, and I started using GSAP a few months ago, after immediately falling in love with its robustness and sheer performance. It was at that very time I started my new job, and it was time to start using GSAP in all of my front-end projects I decided. So, I posted about one or two things here on the forums, and was further overwhelmed by the quality of support provided from GSAP's developers, and other members of the community. The weekend before I started that job, I spent the whole time beginning to write a little library that'd allow me to easily make calls to GSAP with some pre-determined transitions I find myself using a lot in my projects. It was largely an exercise in using GSAP and I thought it could be helpful to me in future. As I went along, using it in development, I encountered bugs and realised that I needed to add many features and improve a lot of aspects of it for it to "just work". So, I kind of flew by the seat of my pants with it and bolted in new things or fixes and continued to use it in development. Since then I've been using it in 'live' releases (i.e. other people have been using the projects but thus far they're internal), and I haven't encountered any major issues. Though there is a lot of work and improvement I know I would do if I had the time. Anyway, it has ultimately saved me loads of time and been a pleasure to use, since I can quickly adapt the transitions I'm using, I don't need to repeat large chunks of code spuriously through my different projects, and it's designed to be very easily intelligible to people who haven't even used it before (or GSAP.) To quote Jack, "But in fairness to Julian, he really wasn't trying to build a tool that's as robust as GSAP - Velocity is more for simple UI animations in the DOM.", the thing I like to be able to do is harness GSAP's power and flexibility where necessary, but also make simple UI animations in my projects. Since GSAP is clearly the most performant/cross-browser animation suite available for the web, those benefits are important even in the websites I make, where I can often be using things like Skrollr.js too, and require backwards compatibility to the older, often nasty versions of IE. So that's the purpose of QUI really, and I hope other people find it useful Without further ado I've made it available as a project on GitHub, it can also be installed via Bower and it uses GSAP as a dependency, so if you have those tools installed and are a little familiar with the command line it can be added to your project in no time. I'd love it if people made pull requests and possibly even helped motivate me to think more about this project. I would say at the moment it's still very usable for most purposes, but I know that some of the transitions haven't been updated since I better learned how to implement them. I haven't yet written documents for the project, though I am planning to this afternoon. I'm going away tomorrow and I need to pack etcetera but I think I'll have time anyway. That'll probably make a big difference, so I'll post about that when I have done. Seriously, there are tonnes of things I know I could do to improve this, but I figured if other people had a tinker it'd happen a lot faster. The main thing for now I suppose is it works and seems to add very little overhead to my projects, both in terms of loading times and execution. GitHub page: https://github.com/Quasso/qui GitHub site (it's a small demo): http://quasso.github.io/qui/ Install via bower: bower install qui (--save-dev) Really looking forward to hearing any feedback anyone may have. Docs soon!
×