Jump to content
GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

galbraith

Members
  • Posts

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by galbraith

  1. Wow thank you so much I didn't even think to check for the application domain. I think it is fixed now.

     

    The output is now

    [object Stage]
    [object LiquidStage]
    [object LiquidStage]
    [object Stage]
    [object LiquidStage]
    

     

    The problem was the domain attribute (http://www.gaiaflashframework.com/wiki/ ... S3_Only.29) in the site.xml it is set to null by default. So I changed it to current.

     

    Example for future reference:

    
    
    
    

  2. Hi,

    I am working on using LiquidStage with Gaia Framework. However I am having some problems with accessing the LiquidStage instance from nested within swf's.

     

    I know this is probably a similar problem to this viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2892 however I couldn't find a solution there.

     

    Trace of Stage

    [object Main] root1
        [object SiteView] [siteView]
            [object Sprite] BOTTOM
                [object Loader] index
                    [object IndexPage] instance12
            [object Sprite] MIDDLE
                [object Loader] index_nav_photography_female
                    [object GalleryPage] instance22
            [object Sprite] TOP
                [object Loader] index_nav
                    [object NavPage] instance16
            [object Sprite] PRELOADER
                [object Loader] instance7
                    [object Preloader] instance8
    

     

    They load in this order IndexPage -> NavPage -> GalleryPage

     

    IndexPage.as

    This is where I am instantiating the LiquidStage so it can be accessed later

    The important part is in the init function.

     

    package com.photogallery.pages
    {
    import com.gaiaframework.templates.AbstractPage;
    import com.gaiaframework.events.*;
    import com.gaiaframework.debug.*;
    import com.gaiaframework.api.*;
    import flash.display.*;
    import flash.events.*;
    import com.greensock.TweenMax;
    import com.greensock.layout.*;
    
    public class IndexPage extends AbstractPage
    {		
    	public var lStage:LiquidStage; 
    
    	public function IndexPage()
    	{
    		super();
    		alpha = 0;
    	}
    	override public function transitionIn():void
    	{
    		super.transitionIn();			
    		init();
    		TweenMax.to(this, 0.3, {alpha:1, onComplete:transitionInComplete});
    	}
    	override public function transitionOut():void 
    	{
    		super.transitionOut();
    		TweenMax.to(this, 0.3, {alpha:0, onComplete:transitionOutComplete});
    	}
    
    	private function init():void {
    		//Gaia.api.getWidth() and Gaia.api.getHeight() refers to the very original width and height
    		lStage = new LiquidStage(this.stage, Gaia.api.getWidth(), Gaia.api.getHeight(), Gaia.api.getWidth(), Gaia.api.getHeight());
    	}
    }
    }
    

     

    GalleryPage.as

    This is where I am trying to access the LiquidStage instance.

    The important part is in the init function.

     

    package com.photogallery.pages
    {
    import com.gaiaframework.templates.AbstractPage;
    import com.gaiaframework.events.*;
    import com.gaiaframework.debug.*;
    import com.gaiaframework.api.*;
    import flash.display.*;
    import flash.events.*;
    import com.greensock.TweenMax;
    import com.greensock.layout.*;
    
    public class GalleryPage extends AbstractPage
    {	
    	public var testMc1:MovieClip;
                                   public var testMc2:MovieClip;
    
    	public function GalleryPage()
    	{
    		super();
    		alpha = 0;
    	}
    	override public function transitionIn():void 
    	{
    		super.transitionIn();
    		init();
    		TweenMax.to(this, 0.3, {alpha:1, onComplete:transitionInComplete});
    	}
    	override public function transitionOut():void 
    	{
    		super.transitionOut();
    		TweenMax.to(this, 0.3, {alpha:0, onComplete:transitionOutComplete});
    	}
    
    	function init():void {
    		trace(this.stage); //outputs: [object Stage]
    		trace(LiquidStage.getByStage(this.stage)); //outputs: null
    
    		var ls = Gaia.api.getPage("index").content.lStage; //gets a direct reference to the liquidstage instance through the index page.
    		trace(ls); //outputs: [object LiquidStage]
    		trace(ls.stage); //outputs: [object Stage]
    		trace(LiquidStage.getByStage(ls.stage)); //outputs: null
    
    		ls.attach(testMc1, ls.TOP_LEFT); //does work
    
    		var area:LiquidArea = new LiquidArea(this, 50, 50, 100, 100, 0x313f19); 
    		//var area:LiquidArea = new LiquidArea(this, 50, 50, 100, 100, 0x313f19, 0x313f19, 0, 0, 99999, 99999, true, ls);  //throws: TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert com.greensock.layout::LiquidStage@2604f581 to com.greensock.layout.LiquidStage.
    
    		area.attach(testMc2); //has no effect but doesn't throw any errors
    	}
    }
    }
    

     

    So the output of this is

      [object Stage]
      null
      [object LiquidStage]
      [object Stage]
      null
    

     

    Also this.stage == ls.stage

     

    Also using this code

    var ls:LiquidStage = Gaia.api.getPage("index").content.lStage;

    instead of

    var ls = Gaia.api.getPage("index").content.lStage;

    Causes the following error TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert com.greensock.layout::LiquidStage@15f04581 to com.greensock.layout.LiquidStage.

     

    I can't work out why LiquidStage.getByStage always returns null.

     

    I hope that is clear I can send an example through with all the other code if you want but I have pasted all the relevants parts already.

×