Jump to content

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

119 Specialist

About davi

  • Rank

Contact Methods

Profile Information

  • Gender

Recent Profile Visitors

4,093 profile views
  1. Also, of note, that the 150kb max is determined after zipping up assets. However, if it's being site-served, and they don't allow external CDN's or have their own for GSAP, you may have to include GSAP. Also, I'm only seeing several images being used, and if optimized properly, should easily fit into 150k. If using PNG, make sure to run them through something like ImageOptim and ImageAlpha.
  2. ^ That is fantastic @gerbrandpetersen. Just pinged them to ask about pricing. That'd be a great alternative for Google Ad Validator as well, which is being deprecated soon.
  3. We won't be able to accurately help you without seeing an example or have those files to see what's going on. Whatever is happening is likely causing the AdHelper "onSlow" event to trigger, and in return, triggering your fallback, which you have specified as showing a backup image with the alt text "Adobe Animate CC". My guess (without seeing the files), is that you're incorrectly looping somehow, and causing some sort of error which is being constantly looped through (and subsequently causing slowdown triggering the AdHelper event). FYI, frame numbers within Animate CC start at 0 and no
  4. Another update for this thread in case people come back here. GSAP DevTools will trigger a DCM Validator error. It's related to storageSession ... or ... comes up as a malformed SVG asset (perhaps one of the graphics in DevTools is missing one of the silly things mentioned in other places in this thread, like self-closing tags or declarations). I typically comment out DevTools on final packaging of files, but accidentally didn't and found this error. I'd imagine some folks are going to come across it. Anywho, more documentation...
  5. Try using Google's CDN instead > <script src="https://s0.2mdn.net/ads/studio/cached_libs/createjs_2019.11.15_min.js"></script> ...and if that doesn't work, you can always embed the createjs library into the HTML (just copy and paste all of the javascript code from that link into its own <script> tag.
  6. Now I haven't delved too much into your code but by looking at the animation, you probably need to restart the clips (two/twob rollover + rollout), plus have a way to determine if either animation has finished, otherwise you'd run into an issue if you rollover/rollout before the animation completes and having it jump back to the beginning of the state and playing from there. Since it looks like it's just going back to the default state, a better option for two may just be to play the timelines in reverse or yoyo.
  7. I've noticed this too. Perhaps their validation tool, HTML5 Validator, has a list of accepted CDN links and the new GSAP CDN needs to be added to the list in that tool. They need to add the new CreateJS as well. Anyone gotta connection?
  8. Used to be both years back, depending on what site's allowed. Then gradually became more start collapsed, and then expand on click. Probably because of it messing with user experience, and ended up being more of a on user-interaction approach instead. I rarely even see expandable ads nowadays.
  9. Verizon didn't create that format, the 970x250 is just a standard billboard ad, part of the IAB fixed unit portfolio. Most campaigns I take on have that unit included. I believe the collapsible ad you see is an older format (at least I can remember those years back on YouTube). Yeah, just make the ad 970x250 that doesn't expand/collapse.
  10. It's your version of CreateJS, likely nothing to do with GSAP. Animate2020 will export using version 1.1 but older versions use the version from Nov 26, 2015.
  11. Run a quick test for us: - Go into your published JS file that it exports. Do a search for "StageGL". It should appear more towards the bottom of the file in bootstrap callbacks section. - Change to "new createjs.Stage()" rather than "new createjs.StageGL". Then let us know what happens.
  12. Didn't work for me. Tried Safari and Chrome, using GSAP-based banners and an Animate CC-based banner. After uploading, I just get a blank screen with the banner title in red. Sometimes "Undefined variable: y_axis" appears, not sure what that is (I searched all of the code in the banner and that's not even in there). I also got "Illegal string ''offset 'images'" on one of the ads I uploaded to test with. Opening the config file that appears just shows curly brackets. Sounds promising, and love the idea of the single HTML page if it actually does create a smaller file than manually optimizi
  13. Yeah, this is how banners that have movie or show times are created, "tune in" dates (i.e. Show date, out tomorrow, out today, etc). Use the JavaScript Date object > https://css-tricks.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-date-in-javascript/ Depending on your needs, it can be simple or a bit more complex. Typically, with movie or show banners, you just use 3 scenarios or outcomes > Coming out today, tomorrow, or XX days until it reaches tomorrow. Obviously, if you're putting a real countdown where the time is constantly changing or it's giving an actual amount of days or minutes
  14. I know this is an old thread but just wanted to add in another solution just in case someone else is running into this issue and none of the above solutions work out. For me, it was the "<use>" tag. Removing it got rid of the error. (I ended up recreating the SVG so it doesn't need that tag).