Jump to content
GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DeeDubs

ShockinglyGreen
  • Content Count

    13
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

4 Newbie

About DeeDubs

  • Rank
    Member
  1. Thanks for this, the second approach looks very much like what I was trying to do... however, having tried it out it the .addCallback(loop.play) doesn't start the paused animation, is there something else I need to be considering? I put it into a codePen to show : http://codepen.io/anon/pen/ygKaWp
  2. Hi There, I have been building banners for a while using GSAP for my animation (great tool BTW) and I have always structured the animations along the follow way: function frame1build(){ var tl = new TimelineMax(); tl.from('#item', 0.7, {animate properties}); return tl; } function frame2build(){var tl = new TimelineMax(); tl.from('#anotherItem', 0.7, {animate properties}); return tl; } function startAd(){ var tl = new TimelineMax({paused: true}); tl.add(frame1build()) .add(frame2build()); } and so on...startAd() is called on the ad loading. this has always worked gre
  3. I finally worked it out, thanks for the pointers guys... as I was starting to suspect, it was just me being a f$%$ing idiot. FYI as I have .addIndicators in my ScrollMagic scene I needed to make sure I was also calling the ScrollMagic Debug JS file... as that was missing it was spannering everything else! Thanks again and sorry for wasting any time
  4. Just tried that... and no joy, same error. I think I may just try calling them in via the page header rather than enqueuing them and see if that works
  5. yeah I thought that but the script isn't fired until everything is loaded so the DOM element should be there.
  6. Hi There, Im not sure if this is strictly a GSAP issue as I don't quite where the problem lies. I am trying to make use of a little GSAP/ScrollMagic on a Wordpress site but it keeps throwing an error. It is a custom theme I am making so shouldn't be other script conflicts as it is very minimal build so far. I am enqueue the scripts in my functions file like: function my_theme_scripts_function() { wp_enqueue_script( 'gsap-js', 'https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/gsap/1.19.0/TweenMax.min.js',array(), false, true ); wp_enqueue_script( 'scrollmagic-js', 'https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/
  7. With this code, is it possible to make the last segment stay lit/highlighted? Ive tried working best way of doing this but can't get it to work (JS/code isn't my strongest suit) I assume I'd wrap the tween call (that fades back out) in conditional statement but not sure how to test that it is the final segment in the spinning cycle to set/pass a var. D
  8. Interesting, I've tried in a few versions of safari, but they were all earlier than 8 so maybe it is bug in older versions that has been rectified.
  9. Hi, I've come across a bug (So far only in Safari on Mac) and Im assuming it is with bug safari rather that GSAP but I'm wondering if there is a hack I can use to fix it. I've used the brilliant tilting script from ihatetomatoes and added some buttons within, but when you rollover the buttons you will notice that some have a very restricted hit area (hover state and click only works when you are rolling over in the middle of the top two buttons, not the full width. Anyone seen this before? D
  10. Actually, I have a quick question: what did you mean by You were setting the transformOrigin redundantly. That's fine, just wasteful. Better to set it once and leave it. How would I set it just once, do you mean I just need to set it once in the first .to of the TimelineMax?
  11. Thank you, thank you... you guys are geniuses! It also makes me realise I would never have been able to solve this on my own as I have never heard of modulus!! I will play with the code and see if I can get a better understanding of what's going on.
  12. Wondering if someone can help shed some light on something I am trying to do with GSAP which I just suspect I am going the wrong way about solving. Essentially there is a dial that spins for a random amount of 360° rotations and it finally settles on one of 10 segments (each 36° in size). What I am hoping to achieve is the segments to animate as the dial goes past them each time (so in sync with the speed of dial). I have very crudely recreated in CodePen, the 3 issues i think I have are: • I can't get the value returned from updateProps to always be a 0-360° value - it gets higher and
×