Search Community

setScaleConstraints problem [SOLVED]

randygland test
Moderator Tag

Hi there,

I'm trying to use TransformManager classes to make an image scalable within it's scale constraints (which is what TransformItem's setScaleConstraints method is for)

but also it needs to be able to flip using a flip button (which calls something like _transformManager.flipSelectionHorizontal() when pressed).

The problem these two levels of functionality appear to be incompatible :shock: .. as the flipSlectionHorizontal won't work since the scale constraints I need to have are positive numbers (minScaleX: 0.5, maxScaleX: 2,, and the same for scaleY)...

I have attached a demo that shows the incompatibility, and am trying to hack it to make it work how I'd like, but can't find a way.

I'd be really grateful to anyone that can help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

The minScale value in my case should be 0.3. However, when I set it to -0.3, flipping does still not work as expected (the object rather gets squashed) and the user (using the handles) is able to scale the object to a smaller size than I want him to be able to.

I guess the original poster was right to a certain degree in saying that scaling restraints and flipping are two functions that don't work together well, or am I missing something?