Search Community

Setting up TimelineLite

marcusfriberg test
Moderator Tag

Hi,

I am having problem with setting up a timeline using TimelineLite.

The animations work perfectly by themselves using delays, but I guess I do something wrong when I try to put them in a timeline.

This is what one of my timelines look like. This one doesn't animate anything at all.

var tl = new TimelineLite();

tl
.to(mcBall, 2.8, {_x:86, _y:500, _rotation:7200, ease:Expo.easeIn, overwrite:false})
.to(mcBall, 0.2, {_x:88, _y:480, ease:Sine.easeInOut, overwrite:false})
.to(mcBall, 0.2, {_x:90, _y:500, ease:Sine.easeInOut, overwrite:false} );

And here is what another attempt looked like. Here the animation works but it seems that all animations start at the same time.

var tl = new TimelineLite();
tl.add( new TweenLite.to(mcBall, 2.8, {_x:86, _y:500, _rotation:7200, ease:Expo.easeIn, overwrite:false}) );
tl.add( new TweenLite.to(mcBall, 0.2, {_x:88, _y:480, ease:Sine.easeInOut, overwrite:false}) );
tl.add( new TweenLite.to(mcBall, 0.2, {_x:90, _y:500, ease:Sine.easeInOut, overwrite:false}) );

Here is what my original code looks like;

TweenLite.to(mcBall, 2.8, {_x:86, _y:500, _rotation:7200, delay:0, ease:Expo.easeIn, overwrite:false});
TweenLite.to(mcBall, 0.2, {_x:88, _y:480, delay:2.8, ease:Sine.easeInOut, overwrite:false});
TweenLite.to(mcBall, 0.2, {_x:90, _y:500, delay:3, ease:Sine.easeInOut, overwrite:false});

Help is much appreciated!

- Marcus

It's hard to tell just by your code, which looks fine.

Please make sure you are using the latest version of GSAP. Click the getGSAP button on this page and download the zip. The latest version is 12.1.5

In your file you can get the version number with

trace(TweenLite.version)