Search Community

TweenlineLite.killTweenOf

Va1tra test
Moderator Tag

I have the following situation:

I have one timeline. I append to it a sequance of TweenLites with target1. A little later i kill tweens of target1, and try to launched a sequance of tweens for target2. The problem: animation for target2 is not launched, it's only works when i call timeline.kill() instead of timeline.killTweenOf(target1)

I hoped to use a single instance of TimelineLite to handle all needed animations. i.e. I want to use timeline.append, timeline.insert for many targets, and if the target is repeated or i just needed to get rid of tweens, 1stly kill it's animation and run new after.

What i'm doing wrong?

var timeline:TimelineLite = new TimelineLite();

for each (var obj:Object in transitions) {
     timeline.append(new TweenLite(target1, transition.duration, transition.to));
}
timeline.play();

After a few time the following code is launched

timeline.killTweensOf(target1);

for each (var obj:Object in transitions) {
     timeline.append(new TweenLite(target2, transition.duration, transition.to));
}
timeline.play();

Hi,

It would help to see a very simplified file that exhibits this behavior. I'd like to test the duration() of the timeline after the killTweensOf() and see where the tweens are being inserted.

You can zip your test fla and attach it to this post using "more reply options"

in the meantime, please see if calling play() on the timeline after you add the new tweens helps and please be sure you are using the latest version of GSAP found here: http://www.greensock.com/?download=GSAP-AS3