Search Community

Draggable on Android Stock browser not working properly

x0b test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi,

I'm testing out the draggable demos from this site on a Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 Android version 4.1.2 in the stock browser and I cannot actually drag anything, the draggable item moves to the correct place upon drag ending but does not move around whilst being dragged.

Are you aware of this problem and do you know if it's fixable?

Cheers

Hello x0b,

I have a Galaxy S3 - Android 4.3 - SCH-I535 - and i don't see any issue with Draggable demos, in the Stock Browser, Firefox Mobile, Google Chrome Mobile, and Opera Mini.

• What Android Version?
  • Is your device rooted or have any third party mods?

I can also try and test on my Galaxy S2, but mine is the US version.. and it looks like yours is the International Version.  If you can provide a codepen example or link to your code we can better see what the issue might be, with some testing.

Here is a video tut by GreenSock on How to make a codepen demo example.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Thanks.. while i look into Galaxy S2 stock browser.. would you be able to see if you see that same behavior with say Google Chrome Mobile Browser .. so we can see if there is a difference between the Android Stock browser and Google Chrome Mobile?  Thank You! :)

Alright thanks.. so only happens in android stock browser, .. cool.. super helpful info to help narrow down the issue..

I just tested on Galaxy S2 - 4.1.2 - SGH-T989 - no root device -  Android Stock Browser and was able to Drag as expected.

So since i was able to test on a non rooted Galaxy S2 - 4.1.2 device and had no issue.. then that means that either:

• the phone being rooted is causing an issue in the Android Stock Browser
  • or/and there is a difference with the Android Stock Browser in the International Version of the Galaxy S2
  • maybe a mix of both
  • and lastly maybe it could be a rooted app on the phone that is causing a display issue in the stock browser.. Did you install any third party apps that require a rooted device to install, after you rooted your device? .. if so maybe one if those programs could be causing a conflict? I have had issues after rooting were the phone did not function the same as before the root. And some apps that require root can affect normal functionality on your phone.

:)

• Like 1

I've done a factory reset from the settings which has wiped all data, the superuser app remains on there but all others are gone.

The stock browser still exhibits the problem. I am happy to remove root access and restore the phone to another firmware, I will try and find out how to do this tomorrow and then report back once done.