Search Community

milliseconds vs second and timeScale

borbulon test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I have data that comes to me as milliseconds, and I was wondering if:

a) there are any drawbacks to using `timeScale(1000)` in a TimelineLite instance to "simulate" milliseconds

B) if it's a bug that I can attempt to set a child timeline at, say, 5000, but when I inspect the parent timeline it can appear at, say, 5002 (can, not always does, not consistently reproducbile) 

Thanks!

a) there are any drawbacks to using `timeScale(1000)` in a TimelineLite instance to "simulate" milliseconds

Not that I can imagine, no. Should work just fine.

B) if it's a bug that I can attempt to set a child timeline at, say, 5000, but when I inspect the parent timeline it can appear at, say, 5002 (can, not always does, not consistently reproducbile.

I don't know that I understand the question. If you could produce a simple demo that shows this happening (even sometimes) we will be better equipped to address it.

--- Edit ---

On second thought if by chance there was some minuscule rounding error happening of say .001 and you were to multiply it 1000, I suppose one could consider that a drawback. In your situation you seem to be implying that something is off by 2 milliseconds. I'm sure once we see what is happening we'll be able to help more.