Search Community

Timelime UI

apage8 test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi there, newbie here. I'm building an application that will enable end users to create short animated videos. We're leveraging greensock and KineticJS for the tweens and animations. As a part of the application UI we plan to add a "timeline" so that the user can change when and how long a given animation appears on screen. We found this timeline that we may be able to leverage https://github.com/redexp/timeline but haven't been able to find much else. We'd like to avoid building a custom solution unless we absolutely have to. Has anyone here built something similar or come across any JS "timelines" like this? Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated.  

Thanks in advance!

I hope this isn't against the rules (if it is I'll delete the post) but it doesn't sound like there are any timelines out there. Would anyone on this board be up for building it? Of course, this would be a paid gig. If interested please send me a message. 

Is TweenUI not the kind of thing you're looking for? Did you need one that you could embed in your own app? If so, I'm not aware of any, but the TweenUI author is a member here in these forums - you could PM him. 

We have certainly gotten a lot of requests for a GUI for building GSAP-driven animations, but that's not something we're tackling right now because it's a pretty monumental task to take on (at least if you're going to do it really well), and we've got all sorts of things planned for the GSAP engine itself, so we're trying to stay laser-focused.

And by the way, it's fine to post about jobs here (freelance or whatever) - we want to help folks connect with the help they need, and help the experts find paying gigs that reward their efforts in learning GSAP. There are quite a few of those hanging out here in the forums. 

Happy tweening!

• Like 1