Search Community

MotionBlurFilter: very old and unsolved issue

rizal72 test
Moderator Tag

Hello Jack, I hope you remeber me as I am one of the strongest users of your platform :)

I've built all my rich banners development on top of it!

Now, I know that you are very busy on the new and astonishing html5 GSAP, but I have a very noisy and very very old issue on the Plugin I use more in all my banners: motionBlurPlugin.

Premise:

1) It happens in ".from" (both TweenLite and TweenMax)

2) only in as2 (but generally I am obliged to use as2 even if I hate it!). In as3 there are some minor issues but not so important (see later)

The Issue:

If I set an object alpha to tween from 0, motionBlur is true, and I add a delay to the tween, the object alpha property is set to 0 only after the delay has passed. So, for all the time the objects stands there, visible. So most of the times I have to fall back using the standard BlurFilterPlugin (more time consuming).

I have prepared a little demo to show the issue here:

http:www.riccardosallusti.it/test/motionBlur/

and the simple code is:

TweenPlugin.activate([MotionBlurPlugin]);

TweenLite.from(b_1, .5, {_x:"-=200", _alpha:0, delay:1, motionBlur:true, ease:Cubic.easeInOut})
TweenLite.from(b_2, .5, {_x:"-=200", _alpha:0, delay:2, motionBlur:true, ease:Cubic.easeInOut})

as you can see the alpha is set to 0 and despite that the objects are visible.

There are other issues (in as3 too) like strange flickerings or glitches of objects a millisecond before starting the tween, but I could handle that using alpha set to 0 on start: but it should have to work fist :)

Thank you!

P.S.
you can get the .fla here:

http:www.riccardosallusti.it/test/motionBlur/motionBlur_300x250.fla