Search Community

boxShadow on iPad

mimeartist test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

I'm trying to animate the position of a div along with the boxShadow... the position is working but the shadow isn't appearing on iPad it works in Safari fine... is this a known issue?

TweenMax.to($(this).find('.thumbnailInside'), 0.2, { y:theY, boxShadow: '0 0px 20px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.5)'});

Thanks for making the codepen - that process really helps identify the issues. It sounds like there must be something else going on in your code that's causing the problem. Keep trying to build up that codepen to more and more closely resemble your "real" app until it breaks and that'll give you a lot of insight. If you get to that point of having a codepen that breaks and you can't figure out why, please do post it here and we'd be happy to help.

Maybe this will help.. What about adding -webkit-appearance: none; to the element with the box-shadow and see if this fixes it on your other code that is not in codepen. That property helps with IOS devices

.thumbnailInside {
      -webkit-appearance: none;
}

See if that helps? :)

Hi,

I solved it and thought I'd let you know the issue... nothing to do with tweenmax etc...

and when I say solved it... basically when i went into portrait mode it appeared so it was all down to the level of zoom... so I think it is just a performance issue whereby safari must turn that sort of stuff off at certain levels... playing around with the viewport fixed for both orientations but obviously not ideal

Thanks again...

James