Search Community

SWFLoader - swf animation not playing

nanci test
Moderator Tag

Hello everyone, I'm experiencing a problem with SWFLoader. not even sure of what it might be, since it does not happen to everyone.

here http://www.avatakpagaie.com you can find the application I built, if you click the first item inside the withe menu on the right, "il grip", you should see an animation, between two blocks of text.

fact is, not everyone can see it. for instance, my client (so I can't ask my money, if it's not working...), me and a couple of others.

for instance, I'm using Safari, Firefox and Chrome on a MacBook Pro and can't sse the animation, but a friend of mine, who uses Safari and Chrome on a Mac, can see the animation. so it's not about the platform or browser.

and locally, works like a charm, taking the loaded swf from a webserver.

this is the code I'm using

var swfLoader:SWFLoader = new SWFLoader(loadersArray[0], {name:"singleSWF",onComplete:imageLoaded,autoPlay:true});
swfLoader.load();

where "loadersArray[0]" is a String with the file name, plus this in the onComplete function

var mcTemp:MovieClip = event.target.rawContent;
mcTemp.play();

can't understand why this is happening, knowing that it was working fine, just a couple of days ago.

thanks in advance for the help.

Not really sure what is happening. Sounds very odd. The fact though that it works locally and for others over the network makes me think its the not the type of thing that can be fixed in LoaderMax. Going off the information provided I'm not exactly sure what to suggest.

Having swfs load and play() is usually not a problem, I wonder if its a memory issue somewhere. In all situations like this its best to try to isolate the issue by building out just this load and play() funcitonality in separate file and see how it works.

I tried to load the swf "old school" method, and it still doesn't play. I'm thinking about a lot of other possibilities now, like maybe the BlitMask is, somehow, effecting it, but I suppose the .update method would solve it. also thinking that, maybe the .fla was corrupted and published a "weird" swf.

I have no idea, this thing is killing my will to live, but I'll find out what's going on and let you know, to keep it in record.

thanks for replying.

I confirm the corrupted .fla theory.

it works, for now. it was working a few days ago, it suddenly decided to not work anymore, the client warned me, I didn't notice. hope won't happen again.

thanks for the support.

• Like 1