Search Community

Startdrag on IOS

Elzean test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi!

i have a problem to make the function startDrag(e) to work on IOS. Withinn a mousedown on desktop it's working fine, but on IOS i tried severals events (touchstart, touchmove, ...) passing the event or the event.originalEvent, adding event.preventDefault() or trying stuff like "$(ev.target).trigger('mousedown');", but nothing is working. All the events seems to work fine though, if i put some alert inside i can see them pop in IOS.

If i use the normal way with Draggable.create() it's fine too, but in my case i need to use startdrag, the object moved by Draggable.js is not the same object the user press and drag on his screen.

I have an example, it's a bit messy but might help to understand my problem (you need to drag the grey area left and right) : http://firelight-creation.com/julien_tonsuso/flip/

Thanks !

Hi and welcome to the GreenSock forums.

Have you tried the trigger property of the Draggable tool?.

Perhaps I'm understanding this the wrong way(apologies all around if I am), but it seems that you're trying to start the drag by using the touch/mouse event on other element, that's precisely what trigger is for.

You can see a couple. This is a very simple one:

See the Pen IiHgq by rhernando (@rhernando) on CodePen

And this one crafted by Jamie:

See the Pen lykFn by jamiejefferson (@jamiejefferson) on CodePen

Rodrigo.

• Like 3