Search Community

startAt with delay

Rabies test
Moderator Tag

I just found out today that there was this "startAt" parameter that finally solves my problem with constantly setting starting values for properties. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work as expected when there are delays. Maybe I'm going about this the wrong way.

Example:

TweenMax.to(mc, 0.6, { scaleX:1, scaleY:1, delay:0.7, startAt:{scaleX:0,scaleY:0}, ease:Elastic.easeOut });

There is a 0.7 delay there. I would expect the startAt parameters to be used right away, not after the delay. Does this make sense? Is there an alternate way to do this? Otherwise I'm stuck setting the start property values like I always do. ie:

mc.scaleX = mc.scaleY = 0;
TweenMax.to(mc, 0.6, { scaleX:1, scaleY:1, delay:0.7, ease:Elastic.easeOut });

thanks,

rb

Using startAt in your tween you can set immediateRender to true like so:

TweenMax.to(mc, 0.6, { scaleX:1, scaleY:1, delay:0.7, startAt:{scaleX:0,scaleY:0}, ease:Elastic.easeOut, immediateRender:true});

startAt was sort of a convenient way to get the behavior of TweenMax's fromTo() tweens in TweenLite prior to version 12 of GSAP, but unlike fromTo() tweens you need to manually set immediateRender to true. 

For what you need to do, I would just recommend a fromTo() tween which works with TweenLite and TweenMax tweens in v12

TweenLite.fromTo(mc, 0.6, {scaleX:0,scaleY:0}, {scaleX:1, scaleY:1, delay:0.7, ease:Elastic.easeOut});

You'll see in this case, that for fromTo() tweens immediateRender is set to true by default.

http://api.greensock...ite.html#fromTo()