Search Community

TimelineMax: Squeeze or stretch the timeline length?

acidking test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Is it possible to stretch or squeeze the length of a timeline by seconds? For example I have a timeline of 5 seconds, I would like to stretch it to 10secs, so it plays slower, and perhaps later squeeze it to 3 seconds so that it plays faster. I can't use timeScale, it doesn't work the way I am applying it.

There is also a timeScale() method available:

timeScale() : http://api.greensock.com/js/com/greensock/core/Animation.html#timeScale()

Factor that's used to scale time in the animation where 1 = normal speed (the default), 0.5 = half speed, 2 = double speed, etc. For example, if an animation's duration is 2 but its timeScale is 0.5, it will take 4 seconds to finish. If you nest that animation in a timeline whose timeScale is 0.5 as well, it would take 8 seconds to finish. You can even tween the timeScale to gradually slow it down or speed it up.

var currentTimeScale = myAnimation.timeScale(); //gets current timeScale
myAnimation.timeScale( 0.5 ); //sets timeScale to half-speed

:)

• Like 1