Search Community

TimeLine jump on frame and ignore Tweens before?

themepunch test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi and Happy new year ! 

i have a project where i need to organise multiple Tweens on multiple objects by a timeline. I just come to a point, where i am not sure which way would be the best to go.

I made a simple example here: http://jsfiddle.net/nUQ3W/1/

As you can see i have two objects animating in the row driven by a timeline. I am looking for some solution which would allow me to jump on a frame and play all tweens from that point, without finnishing the tweens before that frame.   

I guess nesting Timelines, and use different Timelines for animating, and for "ending" the animations would be one of the solution, however i though, there is maybe some even simplier option which i overlooked ? i.e. I've seen the smoothChildTiming:true option, but i guess this is not what i am looking for, or i use it the wrong way.  

Any Help would be much appreciated   :)

Thanks again for this Excellent Engine ! This is simple the best :)

Cheers,

Krisztian

The only way to jump to the end of the timeline and have some tweens not render in their end state is to specifically tell those tweens to remain paused. If you have many tweens that need to stay in their "unplayed" state you might want to place them all in a timeline that you can pause(0) on when you jump the main timeline to the end.

Here is how it works in your example: http://jsfiddle.net/yjp5a/2/

• Like 2