Search Community

Motion blur and blur in generel

mrsam test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Coming from a flash background with doing a lot of flash banners Blur was always a very good friend of mine. I did most of my stuff on the timeline and defining blurX or blurY for my movieclip took only seconds and looked kick-ass.

However when it comes to JS/CSS/ in generel im struggling to find something that can mimic this the same way. 

I've been looking a bit on boxShadow which surely seems to be something I could try and play with.
Would boxShadow be the way to go or are there other tools I could look at that would give me a quality'wise good result for doing directional/motion blur?

Do anyone know if Greensock plan on revolutionizing us with some cool JS motion blur plugin? :)

• Like 1

Ha ha. Yeah, we may eventually tackle the whole "motion blur" thing, but for now the only solution I know about is to use a <canvas> element and draw everything there. That can be a pain and it can be a bit of a performance hog too. Plus you'll likely need to use a canvas library like EaselJS or KineticJS (extra stuff to learn and load). Browsers just don't support blurring DOM elements at this point. 

I wish I had an easy solution for you, but we'll certainly add this to the list of things we'd love to tackle in the future.