Search Community

SVGJS Plugin

Rob test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hey All,

I have been working with svg.js a lot recently.

I noticed you guys have a raphael plugin, which is brilliant.

svg.js and Raphael are very similar however svg.js has the added bonus of being able to work with masks and clipping paths.

I have created my own plugin which is basically your Raphael plugin with some modifications, it works nicely for transforming svgjs objects, the only thing it doesn't allow you to do alter the transformation origin/anchor, im currently trying to work this out because svg.js doesn't have native support for this unfortunately.

If you're interested at all I've dropped it onto a gist

All the best,

Rob

• Like 4

Rob, 

Wow. That is super impressive. Silky smooth. Thanks so much for sharing. 

FYI, the next phase of greensock.com is going to allow us to more heavily and visibly promote plugins created by community members. 

We've been hearing more and more chatter about animating svg, especially since snapsvg came out, so I think there will definitely be interest in your plugin. 

I think if you came up with a simple blog post with examples or put some usage samples / docs on Git it would do a lot to help folks get started with it.

Again, really love what I've seen so far. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...