GreenSock

Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gonzalo2683

How to apply blur filter to an animation and return to original state

Regards,

Recently I am learning to use the GreenSock libraries and now I'm doing the animation of photographs column when clicking on a button that scrolls down.

Apply a blur filter to give it a blur on the Y axis and I can not make this return to the original state, I mean, that would slowly diminishes blur filter and stops.

I'm using TweenMax to animate with As3, the following piece of code is the one I use to make the animation, and the blur does stop abruptly and do not slowly returning to their original state.

I hope I can help. thanks

TweenMax.to(column, 2 {y:column.y ease:Quart.easeInOut, blurFilter:{blurX:0, blurY:20, remove:true}});

The SlowMo ease will allow you to introduce the blur and remove it smoothly in a single tween.

You basically want an effect opposite to what is shown here:

http://www.snorkl.tv/2012/04/slowmo-ease-with-yoyomode/ where the blur gets removed and then comes back.

try:

TweenMax.to(column, 2 {blurFilter:{blurX:0, blurY:20}, ease:SlowMo.ease.config(.7, .7, true)});

note this should be a tween separate from the one that moves the y position.

learn more about fine-tuning SlowMo ease here: http://www.snorkl.tv/2012/03/introducing-the-slowmo-ease-in-greensock-animation-platform-v12/

Thanks Carl, 

I'm still learning how the library works, and thanks for suggesting SlowMo looks great, investigare how to use it.

Although not achieving progressive blur effect