Search Community

ThrowPropsPlugin does not exist in v12

YogSodoth test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Hi guys, I was running a little test site in v11 and it was working fine except Draggable wasn't supporting IE11 touch events. No worries, I knew that. So then v12 came out, and I grabbed it and overwrote my .js files - but there's no ThrowPropsPlugin in the v12 package. I tried using the old one from v11 and got some unexpected behaviour - Draggable only fires on every second click or touch.

Hi I just downloaded the library and can verify ThrowProps is in the "bonus" zip that Club GreenSock members get from their account page.

In order to get ThrowPropsPlugin you must be a Shockingly (or higher) Club GreenSock member and you must download the files from your account page.

https://www.greensock.com/account/

If you are still having problems let us know and we will look into it further.

Update: Got the correct files! That's the good part.
The bad part: Even with an updated ThrowPropsPlugin, the behaviour continues. Tested in multiple browsers and the problem only occurs in IE, so I assume it's linked to the updates adding the IE touch events.
I'll post a couple of test cases shortly.

Well, there actually was never a v11 for JavaScript :)

Microsoft decided to do some odd stuff with the way they handle their own legacy MSPointer events when they came out with IE11, and we're close to releasing an update of Draggable that works around that issue so that the clicks/touches work consistently in IE11. I've attached a preview of the files - would you mind giving them a shot and letting us know if they work well for you? 

GSAP_1.11.2_preview3.zip

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ummm...are you sure? I tried IE11 with the latest release and it seems to work great. No? Are you 100% sure you updated all your files? If so, please post a very simple set of files that demonstrates the issue (and include the Draggable file you're using). We'd certainly like to make sure it works and any bugs are squashed. 

(by the way, you can just grab the latest 1.11.2 release which has the above fixes in place anyway - http://www.greensock.com/?download=GSAP-JS )

• 2 months later...