Search Community

Simple3D Rendering Error

cmal test
Moderator Tag

I've been tinkering around with the Simple3D beta and I think it's really wonderful (as I expected).

I am running into a small issue though which I'm having a very hard time resolving. On some of my objects that I'm using as a source for the Simple3D transform, the process of running them through Simple3D is creating a distorted version of the original once I run .hide() on the Simple3D Object. It isn't actually the .hide() that is creating the distortion, though, the clips become distorted as soon as I use them as the target of a new Simple3D.

The Simple3D version of the object looks fine, but once I .hide() it to reveal the original, there is some weird distortion and artifacting visible. Can you think of any reason why this would be? Here is the code I'm using, and below it are some screenshots (the item I'm using Simple3D on is the texbox with the close button, and this forum is cropping off some of the right edge of the image):

var textContent:MovieClip = MovieClip(newClip.getChildByName("textContent"));

// Add dropShadow filter to textContent before moving on
	var my_shadow:DropShadowFilter = new DropShadowFilter();
	my_shadow.color = 0x000000;
	my_shadow.blurY = 32;  
	my_shadow.blurX = 32;
	var filtersArray:Array = new Array(my_shadow);
	textContent.filters = filtersArray; 

var vanishingPoint:Point = new Point(textContent.x, textContent.y);

var my3DView = new Simple3D(textContent, {precision:2, vanishingPoint:vanishingPoint});

my3DView.rotationX = 90;
	my3DView.alpha = 0;

// Run this when ready to flip the content in 
	flipContentIn();

function flipContentIn ():void
	{
		TweenMax.to(my3DView, 0.5, {alpha:1, z:0, rotationX:0, rotationY:0, rotationZ:0, ease:Quad.easeOut, delay:2, onComplete:swap3D});
	};

function swap3D ():void
	{
		my3DView.hide();
	};

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg

• 1 year later...

Sorry, but Simple3D isn't available to the public. It was a class I create a while back primarily for my own purposes. I did share it with some "Shockingly Green" and/or "corporate" members of Club GreenSock at their request. If you're a "Shockingly Green" or corporate member, let me know and I can hook you up with the class, but again, it's not really intended for public consumption and I don't plan to maintain or update it.