Search Community

Draggable 0.9.2 Not working?

martis test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Right, the latest Draggable REQUIRES TweenLite and CSSPlugin 1.11.0. There were updates to those core pieces, like switching from storing rotational values as radians to degrees. Do don't just update your Draggable and try using it with old versions of TweenLite/CSSPlugin. Instead, update all your GSAP files.

I got the draggable working by replacing all the other files... (I am using TweenMax)

I did notice one other thing... The object will not drag if I "grab" divs inside of the draggable object. I have to "Grab" the background of the draggable object. Was this a change?

Do those divs have onclick events or something? One problem some people had with the old Draggable was that they wanted certain "clickable" things to remain clickable so that, for example, clicking on an <a> link or a button or an <input> or <textarea> didn't initiate dragging but instead allowed the default behavior in the browser. Imagine clicking an input field to start typing, but the field never received focus and instead your click initiated dragging. Not desirable in most situations. So in the new Draggable, it automatically checks to see if the clicked/touched element is an <a>, <input>, <textarea>, <button> or if it has an onclick or a data-clickable="true" attribute and if any of those conditions are true, it will essentially ignore the click/touch. 

You can specifically mark something as clickable (or not) by adding a data-clickable="true" or data-clickable="false" attribute. Maybe try adding that to your divs. Again, I assume they have an onclick or something that's interfering (just a guess). 

Ah yes, I think I see exactly the problem. Please try the attached update and let us know if it resolves things for you. It had to do with a regular expression evaluating as true when it should be false, and it was happening because you wrapped your element in a <span> tag (not that there's anything "wrong" with that, of course). Sorry about any confusion.

Draggable.js.zip

• Like 1