Search Community

from() and clearProps clarification

jamiejefferson test
Moderator Tag

Warning: Please note

This thread was started before GSAP 3 was released. Some information, especially the syntax, may be out of date for GSAP 3. Please see the GSAP 3 migration guide and release notes for more information about how to update the code to GSAP 3's syntax. 

Thanks Jack, it seems to be working well now. I use clearProps a lot so this is a huge help.

I've been using this effect for months, but I suppose I never paid enough attention to ever notice it... It took this post for me to finally realise what was going on.

Just wondering if there are any surprises in this rc that might make it not quite ready for a production release?

Actually, since 1.11.0 rolls a bunch of enhancements as well as little bug fixes into one big release, I'd actually consider it more ready for a production release than any version yet. The main reason it isn't released yet is because we were just hammering away at it a bit more and researching a few other reports of edge case odd behavior from PREVIOUS releases so that if any tweaks were necessary to the code base, we'd get it all into 1.11.0 rather than pushing it to the next minor release. Plus we've needed to make updates to some docs and prepare the notes for the 1.11.0 release (this stuff takes a lot longer than some may imagine). 

In short, I'm not aware of any problems in 1.11.0 at this point and if I were releasing a "real" site tomorrow, I'd be using 1.11.0 myself. Thanks for asking. 

Obviously please let us know if you notice any odd behavior whatsoever with the preview files. 

• Like 1